Local Law 1 of the year 2006
A local law amending the Village Code of the Village of Baxter Estates to restrict placement of generators and central air-conditioning units in residence districts.
Be it enacted by the Board of Trustees of the
(Name of Legislative Body)
Town of Baxter Estates.
Section 1. Legislative Findings and Intent.
The Board of Trustees finds that in order to protect the health, safety and welfare of Village residents, it is important to amend the Village’s zoning regulations with regard to permitted placement of powered generators and central air conditioning units in the yards of properties within single family residence districts of the Village, to mitigate the adverse impact of noise and visibility of such accessory structures on neighbors and the community.
Section 2. § 175-16, “Accessory Structures,” of Chapter 178, “Zoning,” of the Village Code of the Village of Baxter Estates, is hereby amended, by adding a new clause “F.” thereto, to read in its entirety as follows:
“F. Central Air-Conditioning Units and Electric Generating Units may be installed outside of a dwelling only to the extent the location thereof satisfies each of the following restrictions:
(1) Such units shall not be located within a front yard.
(2) Such units shall not be located within twelve feet of any property line.
(3) Such units shall at all times be in compliance with the provisions of Chapter 136 of the Village Code, entitled “Noise,” or any successor provisions thereto.
(4) Sound attenuation panels and landscaped screening shall be provided and maintained to reduce, to the extent practicable, the adverse impacts of the noise and visibility of such units upon adjacent properties, in a manner reasonably satisfactory to the Village Building Inspector.
(5) Portable generator units temporarily placed out of doors during use thereof shall not be subject to the restrictions set forth in sub-clauses (1) and (2) of this clause “F.” ”
Section 3. Effective Date. This local law shall take effect immediately.
Download Local Law 1